The Down Syndrome Federation of India (DSFI) is organizing a Certificate Course on Down syndrome. This is being done in affiliation with Information and Resource Center (IRC) Bangalore. IRC is a non profit organization that promotes programs and services to the individuals and families with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) and other developmental disabilities. IRC provides quality information and useful resources about ASDs and other developmental disabilities. It is registered under National Trust/Government of India for the welfare of persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities and Govt. of Karnataka. It is promoted by Sri Sharada Peetam, Sringeri in association with Rotary Bangalore West
About the Course
1. Who is this course for?
- Parents, Teachers, Special Educators, Doctors, Therapists and anybody interested in supporting persons with Down syndrome.
2. Who are the trainers during the course?
- Experienced medical professionals
- Well-informed faculty
- Therapists and Specialists with a wide range of experience in dealing with persons with Down syndrome
- Experienced Parents who have children with Down syndrome.
- Siblings on how they bond with their sibling with Down syndrome
- Persons with Down syndrome
3. What will the participants be trained on?
- Medical aspects of Down syndrome
- Social and behavioral aspects
- Inclusive Schooling
- Live demonstration on handling issues with Persons with Down syndrome
4. What does the course entail?
- Interaction with dynamic leaders in the field of Down syndrome
- Opportunity to associate and form Support Groups for persons with Down syndrome
- A certificate of completion is given to all participants who complete the test and viva.
- Specialized qualification in the area of Down syndrome
- 6 months Duration
- 20th June 2020 onwards
- 2:30 P.M – 5: 00 P.M (India Time) on Saturdays.
6. Where will this course be conducted?
- Online medium only
- You can take the course from any part of the globe.
7. Course Fees
- Rs. 8400/- for the entire course of 6 months.
- To be paid online to the following account –
Name of the Account : Downs Syndrome Federation of India Account Number : 6272917579
Name of the Bank : Indian Bank
Bank Address : No. 480, Anna Salai, Nandanam, Chennai, Tamilnadu
MICR Code : 600019096
IFSC Code : IDIB000N078
Branch Code : 01443
Once payment is done, please send us a mail with your Transaction Reference Number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course has been developed under the guidance of Dr. Surekha Ramachandran – President, Down Syndrome Federation of India who has worked tirelessly for 38 years towards the cause of Down syndrome. MS. Tejal Vikas Shah is a special educator, a parent and the co-founder of this course. Her passion for persons with Down syndrome can be seen in her efforts to assist and support parents in her circle.